Immer schön laut hören...
hmc
Produzent
Homepage: tt-bruchhausen.de
Betreff:

Re: ELECTRIC ORANGE - Platte

· 
Gepostet: 07.09.2007 - 10:20 Uhr  ·  #77
orange, da kannst Du bei mir sicher sein, hähähähä..
andi

Betreff:

Re: ELECTRIC ORANGE - Platte

· 
Gepostet: 11.09.2007 - 08:33 Uhr  ·  #78
Hey, was seh ich grad als ich ind Büro komm? Morbus von EO ist inzwischen in GB angekommen. Und weil´s so schön ist, hier die Rezi vom Versandhandel namens www.cd-services.com (incl einer zu Abgelaufen!)

In this message...

A new album from the incredible Electric Orange...

ELECTRIC ORANGE: MORBUS (New 2007 Album - Stock # 626463) CD £12.99
THIS IS ONE AMAZING ALBUM - A TOTAL MIND BLAST AND NO QUESTION!!!
It's Psychedelic, it's Progressive, it's Electronic - It is mostly instrumental, it's melodic, it's inventive and creative, it's rhythmic, it's hypnotic, it's Floyd-ish, It has fantastic Hammond organ and Mellotron work and guitar work different to most albums you'll have heard, and oh, so much more!
This is the type of album that gives you hours of pleasure, with something new emerging from every new play - and they'll be plenty of these I can assure you!
But we before we go any further - just a little bit of about the band's earlier work...
Electric Orange started out in the mid 90's - They were original then, and they still are over ten years down the line! The long-deleted debut album was an amazing set of surging instrumental tunes that showcased some heady work from Hammond organ, Mellotrons, electric guitars, synthesizers, drums, flute and more - A highly potent cross-over brew of psychedelic progressive music! With more elements from the melting pot of Krautrock, 1970's space-prog in Pink Floyd vein and phsychedelia, this was an instrumental CD that was very hard to put down.
The 90's Electric Orange albums that followed bore more than a passing resemblance to Can at times They had the spirit and feel of the best in Euro-rock in the same way and vein that Can did it in the 1970's, only here there was a greater depth and range to the soundscapes, and some of THE most amazing 70's style keyboard work from mainly Hammond organ and Mellotron, along with a magnificent and classic rhythm section of bass and drums that often took centre stage. This outfit's blend of contemporary rock really was simply stunning - there was something special about its atmospheric, multi-layered, melodic, rhythmic, inventive, well constructed and superbly played / produced semi-instrumental compositions together with sparing use of sound samples, which they utilized in a similar fashion to early Pink Floyd.
Now we are here in 2007 with two new albums, and just taking in 'Morbus' is quite some experience!
The opening track just blew me away the first time I played it, and every time since, and I get more into it with every play - it's rhythmic like the best trance stuff you ever heard, but without all the beat boxes and rhythm machines and other electronics. It really is like lots of things, but like nothing you can particularly focus in on. It has a fantastic vibe, it's hard, yet beautifully hypnotic and captivates you from start to finish, and it's so darned addictive I just can't stop playing it! Oh, and just wait till you hear the utterly incredible atmosphere that is created by the opening to: 'Wald' which goes on to become a slice of Hawkwind inspired rhythmic genius. Then that is followed by a piece of heaven for any Psychedelic Progressive music fan in: 'Reaching' - this track will grab you, reel you in and never let go with it's big psych vocal hook and a Mellotron backing to just die for! Hell, there's even a sequencer driven rhythmic track at the end of the album for the die-hard Tangerine Dream fans, with a blistering guitar solo to finish off with.
This all leads me to say that this band have covered rhythmic rock from all angles on the amazing album - Just buy it and her what I mean. If you have never bought a Kraut-Rock album before, do yourself a HUGE favour and buy an Electric Orange album, and this would be as good a place to start as any - Magnificent and then some!
Track List:
01. Einwahn (7:51)
02. Rote Flocken (5:02)
03. Span 5 (7:55)
04. Morbus (5:53)
05. Errorman (8:10)
06. Flohfunknest (3:31)
07. Traumama (4:56)
08. Krautschock (7:01)
09. Wald (10:17)
10. Reaching (4:26)
11. Schohl 2 (4:18)
12. Sarau (8:32)
TPT - 77:50

ELECTRIC ORANGE: PLATTE (2007 - Stock # 511467) CD £12.99

And all that's left of the back catalogue is...

ELECTRIC ORANGE: ABGELAUFEN! (2002 Album - Stock # 168901) CD £13.99
Much of this 8 track / seventy-two minute instrumental album reminded me of a cross between 'Cottonwood Hill'-era Brainticket and 70's Can with plenty of those insistent and addictive choppy rhythms from a muscular rhythm section, while organ stabs and chords play things out alongside all manner of effects, samples, shimmering electronics, cyclical passages and sounds from outside of your mind. Sometimes the rhythms die away to produce a passage of more ethereal music that's almost dark, before the rhythms will return and the piece is propelled along an altogether parallel plain from whence it began. The extraordinary thing too, is just how much a mix of originality and familiarity it all becomes, so that while it's always something to chew on, it's still like the return of an old friend at the same time. The six-minute: 'Zwiestuck' is pure Damo Suzuki-era Can, right down to the sound-a-like vocals and the overall structure of the track. The nine-minute: 'Bandeins Swingklar' is altogether more of a complex structure, not experimental or difficult, just more to it than you'd have imagined, with a flow that belies its originality of form, although the last third is kind of like flowing Krautrock at its fuzziest finest. 'Golden Lake' reminded me heavily of earlier Electric Orange, with a landscape of guitars, Mellotrons, bass, drums and exotic percussion all moving steadily along in a gloriously melodic rolling fashion. The near seven-minute: 'Hydrat' is every Can / Neu fan's dream. The whole album is of the highest quality, accessibility, interest, enjoyment and delivery. It's a massive success with a potentially wide appeal to fans of psychedelic, Euro and Contemporary-Rock instrumental music fans.
Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registrierte in diesem Topic

Aktuell kein registrierter in diesem Bereich

Die Statistik zeigt, wer in den letzten 5 Minuten online war. Erneuerung alle 90 Sekunden.